Rasam – The pride of the south Indian dish. Rasa – means juice in Sanskrit and the word rasam is extracted from this. Rasam is the traditional authentic liquid dish that is not only delicious but has some major health benefits. Rasam was first originated in Madurai in the 16th century. Its invention is not exactly known as some tell it was invented by the Saurashtra rulers, some say it was during the Pandiyan times it was discovered, and few of them have different stories altogether about the rasam’s origin. Whatever the story is we owe a big “Thank You” to the person who invented this magical dish.
Rasam is a popular south Indian dish and is consumed daily in almost every house-hold. A south Indian meal is never complete without rasam. ‘Rasam is the king of soups’. It won’t be wrong to say that soups are the modern version of rasam. The only difference between the two is that soup is consumed before the meals and rasam is consumed at the end of meals for good digestion. Rasam is the combination of multiple flavors like tangy, sweet, spicy, sour. It is truly mouth-watery!
Rasam can include any seasonal vegetables but the basic ingredient is tamarind juice and this is why you get the tangy flavor. Apart from tamarind juice, it contains black pepper, cumin seeds, coriander powder, turmeric powder, curry leaves, asafoetida, mustard seeds, tomato, etc. All the ingredients included in rasam are loaded with nutrients, minerals, vitamins that are essential for our body hence rasam was also considered as medicine in ancient times.
Rasam is so delicious that one cannot stop themselves from having it over and over again and the best part is there are no side effects at all. Rasam can be consumed just like that as a soup or it can be eaten with rice. There are many recipes of rasam that will differ according to a few ingredients and vegetables. If you are someone who doesn’t have time to cook or for some reason, you are unable to have rasam although you like it you can try the ‘rasam powder’ from EFGH. The rasam powder is the ready mix that is made with all the essential ingredients required. It is as healthy as you prepare rasam in your home. All you have to do is mix it with warm water and relish the taste of yummy rasam. With rasam powder, EGFH has made your life easier and healthier at the same time.
Including rasam in your daily meals can bring you a lot of health advantages and will keep the diseases at bay. Rasam powder benefits are the same as the normal rasam benefits as at EFGH we believe in purity.
The benefits of rasam are as follows:
- Best for cold and flu: Rasam during winters is like a boon for everyone. Anyone with weak immunity can have the rasam daily to avoid the common cold and flu. The ingredients present in the rasam clears our respiratory tract and makes sure we are hydrated.
- Good for constipation: As the base ingredient of rasam is tamarind. It is rich in fiber and other nutrients that will clean your stomach and enables smooth bowel regularity thus helps in constipation.
- Loaded with nutrients, vitamins, minerals: Rasam can be called a “powerhouse of nutrients” as it is not only just rich in one particular vitamin but has multiple healthy nutrients like thiamin, folic acid, vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium, iron, magnesium, zinc, etc.
- Improves digestion: All the stomach issues start from indigestion. Thanks to rasam, even after eating heavy food we can still digest it. As rasam contains pepper it secrets the necessary acids that will enhance digestion and reduce bloating.
- Helps in weight loss: Because rasam contains black pepper it removes the toxin from the body and increases metabolism and also it also helps in digestion it directly helps you in reducing those extra kilos.
Apart from the above benefits rasam also helps in controlling major diseases like diabetes, cancer, Etc. It is by far the most important and magical product for human mankind that everyone must start including in their diet for their own sake.